Date: November 14-16, 2012
Location: Celebration Center, 13503 86th Ave., Puyallup, Washington, 98373
Purpose: To help a church planting candidate discover, through prayerful, discerning and objective evaluation whether church planting is a wise direction at this time for their future.
Though this is an evaluative event and not a training event, it will provide opportunity for valuable learning experiences with other like-minded leaders.
Also, the Pacific Planting Network will use the results of the assessment to determine whether to extend an offer of support to a potential planter. We want to be able to answer this question: Does this person have the capacity to start a church that will be self-sustaining in 2-3 years, and reproducing within 5 years?
- Three Days: Enough time to connect, to observe, and to evaluate
- Multiple Advisors: Ministry leaders who have experience as pastors and church planters, have been trained as coaches and assessors and have worked with many leaders in a variety of contexts. We will also have an onsite professional counselor to add additional insight. This provides an objective basis for evaluation.
- A Variety of Tools: There is a pre-assessment application, and we use instruments such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicater, DISC and the Church Planter’s Candidate Assessment from Lifeway that are submitted prior to the assessment to aid in the overall evaluation of the potential planter.
- Creative Exercises: These include teaching, interviews and individual and group presentations.
- Objective Outcomes: At the end of the assessment every candidate is given helpful feedback of strengths, things to work on, and specific recommendations of next steps to take. Regarding church planting, one of three outcomes is given:
1. Recommended: This candidate is ready to plant.
2. Conditionally Recommended: Recommended after meeting certain criteria or conditions.
3. Not Recommended: Not Recommended for planting, but given other options that, in our opinion, would be a better ministry fit.
The goal is to help every person discover where they are best suited to serve God’s Kingdom. One of the best things a person can discover is that church planting is not for them before they jump into it. In these cases, we will encourage other directions because we believe everybody is a 10 somewhere!
Cost: $1000.00 per couple
Application Deadline: October 26th
If interested, fill out the attached application, save it, and send it to email@example.com.
For questions call Chris Hansler at 253.435.0172.
Assessment Profile & Application